mardi 12 mars 2019

HIDEOUS LAUGHTER



Oh wow, that's what I call a one-shot, I think I never did this before? Maybe once, I can't remember. When I'm writing this, I'm about to leave home to see DOWNTOWN BOYS, a super good political, catchy and queer post-hardcore/punk hardcore from Providence, Rhode Island, signed on Sub Pop with their last album produced by fucking GUY PICCIOTTO! AND it's a fucking free gig! But I can't stop being blown away by this new release straight from the core of the #swedishskramzmafia. So I really had to share this band with you before leaving. THIS IS NOT EVEN WRITTEN IN FRENCH!

HIDEOUS LAUGHTER, from somewhere in Sweden, is kind of a new super-band with Kami, singer from YOUNG MOUNTAIN, Oscar from ALENAH and Tobias from NEWMAN. They just released (the actual day I'm writing this haha!) their first 2 songs and wow, they are so, so good. Imagine the typical swedish screamo sound, with a heavily twinkly vibe, something that would sound like BASTOS... Yeah, you get it, it's going to be a fucking great time for your ears. This is super energetic, frantic, and heavily emotional. Lyrics from the first song, "If Only I Could Be So Grossly Incadescent", touched me straight to my heart : feeling safe and strong with friends, growing older being surrounded by cool people, but feeling terribly alone, lame and even depressed at the same time... This is super relatable. Some guitars even reminded me the main riff of "Arrowhead" by STATE FAULTS...

There's even 8-bit instrumental covers of both songs, and they also sound cool, not for everyone I guess, but I'm loving it, directly brings childhood memories, you know. Perfect for giving a nostalgic mood to the record, while staying on the same emotional rollercoaster of the first two songs.

Well, it's now suddently raining hard, here in that small, bourgeois and booooring parisian suburb I'm living in since last summer, and I think it's the perfect weather to listen to this record : if you can't cry, then that shitload of rain will get your face wet and your spirit sad for you. A catharsis, but in a good way. I mean, this isn't everything we love with the more personal, intimate side of screamo?

I'm leaving now. Take care, love skramz, hate elitism. ♡


Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire